Monday, October 20, 2008

First Birthday letter

October 2004


My Dearest Isabella,
You are now ONE YEAR OLD! I am writing you this letter so that you can understand how wonderful your first year of life was for us. I remember October 10, 2003 like it was just yesterday. What an amazing day it was. I had carried this wonderful little girl inside of me for nine months. I remember all of the little kicks and movements and the excitement of knowing we were going to have another baby in the house. Then that special day when I went into Labor arose and this beautiful, remarkable little baby was born; Isabella Lauryn. I couldn't get over how gorgeous you were. You weighed only 6 pounds and 12.8 ounces, but you were prefect in every way. I had so much joy and pride for you and for myself. I was proud to be your mother and proud of myself for bringing you into this world in the natural way of a water birth like I had wanted to. It was so peaceful and joyous to finally have you in my arms. You had given me more strength than I thought I had. The next day we stayed in the hospital, we had lots of visitors. Your big brothers, Alexander & Cameron came to meet you. Then we took you home to enjoy our life as a family of five. The first few weeks, I couldn't get over the amazment that you had grown inside of me and now you were here in my arms and learning about this new world around you. I loved to cuddle in bed with you and nurse you to sleep. I watched you grow and learn. When you were only 2½ months old you leared to sit up. I was amazed at how early you could sit up, but the amazment didn't stop there. You learned to crawl at only 4 months and to stand alone at 7 months and you walked at 7½ months. What an amazing baby you were. Three weeks after you were born we celebrated Halloween. We dressed you up as a pea in a pod. You were so cute. Everyone was looking at such an adorable newborn baby. Then came Thanksgiving & Christmas. A lot of our family that hadn't met you got to meet you and hold you for the first time. I was so excited to show you off. In January we had your baptism. In March, we took you and your brothers to Flordia. We had quite a few parties and we had the summer time together. You've always gotton a lot of attention, even in stores. Then the big day came: your 1st Birthday. I was so excited, yet sad that my little girl was one year old already. I looked back to all the memories. The day I gave birth to you, your first steps, your first words. The way you giggled and laughed. You were a character. As you can see your first year was very busy and full of life and laughter. You keep us very busy. You love to run and play and climb everywhere your not supposed to and you love your Carebears, they are your favorite. But most of all, you love to cuddle in my arms and nurse to sleep just like you did the day you were born. Happy First Birthday my darling daughter, Isabella. I love you very much. You light up our lives and add much, much joy to our family. Love you Always, Mommy

No comments: