Monday, October 20, 2008

nursing Memory

It was a cold December day. It had been a long morning with breakfast for my 3 and 4 year old boys and my 14 month old little girl. Now it was time for baths so we could get ready for the day. The boys were all dressed and ready to go outside to play within no time. A warm bath with my 14 month old daughter, Isabella and Mommy sounded just heavenly. We washed our hair, splashed around and giggled. Then from across the bathtub, Bella looked up at me and saw her "nummies" and had to have them. She crawled up in my lap and latched on. Isabella's head was snuggled in my arms,her eyes closed and I could see the pure comfort she felt. She opened her eyes back watching me while holding on to her favorite necklace, she loved to play with it while nursing. Our bond during this moment was wonderful. I laid my head back and rested in the warm tub and enjoyed my moment of relaxing with my toddler. I looked into her eyes and played with her blonde locks of hair. Nither one of us could think of a better place to be then where we were right at that moment. A few minutes later she had finished nursing and was even happier than she had been when we got into the tub. And we got out to dry off, our moment was ended by the cries of her brother calling for us. I dressed her and went about my day, but I've sat here and nursed her again having many of the same feelings and thinking about how oneday these moments will be in the past. She may not even remember these moments but I will always treasure these moments and memories !

No comments: