Monday, October 20, 2008

Isabella's Birth Letter from Daddy

 Dear Isabella,
                              My name is Darin.  I am 25 years old and I'm your Daddy. I wrote this letter to let you know how your birth filled me with joy and excitement with the feeling of being relieved that you were finally here. On the day your mommy told me she was pregnant with you I was excited and overjoyed. From that day me and your mommy started hoping for that special little girl ,which is you, because we already had your two older brothers Alexander and Cameron. When we found out we were having you we were so excited that our family was now going to be complete. The night that mommy started to get contractions, on the night before the morning you came into this world, we were very excited that we would see your precious face soon. Well I remember that night and your coming into this world started like this. When your mommy started to have contractions and they were getting close together we decided to go to hospital and get mommy checked out.So I got mommy and your big brothers in the car and we headed to the hospital. When we arrived they checked your mommy and they told us you were coming soon. We were excited that you were finally coming. So I left the hospital to take your big brothers to their grandma's house. While I was gone, Mommy called her Doula Cathy to tell her that you were on your way. A Doula is someone who assists in the birth of a baby. Their job is to comfort the mother and keep her calm, while also acting as a coach. Well by the time I arrived back at the hospital, the Doula Cathy was already there. Everything was already set up and mommy was settled into the birthing tub. It now became a waiting period. As we waited, mommy still had contractions and they were getting stronger and closer together. Me and the Doula Cathy were comforting and encouraging your mommy through the contractions. At one point they decided to check her out to see how far along she was and her water bag broke during the examination. It went everywhere, on the floor and even on the midwife Cathy. She had to change her clothes .Well Mommy got back into the tub and before we knew it, it was time to push. It took mommy only like three pushes to give birth to you. When you arrived into this world I was so full of joy that my eyes started to water up. Mommy was happy too and she started to cry, she was full of joy. Mommy cut your umbilical cord and held you close to her .Then the doctors took you to check you out and make sure you were healthy. While you were getting checked out, mommy was delivering the placenta which kept you fed and safe inside of mommy’s belly. I was taking pictures of you while they were checking you .You weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces and were 19 ¼ inches long. After while your grandma (Pam ) arrived. And so did your PaPaw (Russell).They were so happy you were here. They both took turns holding you and they couldn’t get enough of holding precious you. While we were in the hospital you never left our sights, except to get cleaned up and take pictures. The next day your older brothers Alex and Cam came to see you and they were excited, but they seemed more excited by the hospital equipment (laughing).You had many visitors throughout your stay in the hospital from mommy's friends to mommy and daddy's relatives.
         Now you are home in our arms and me and mommy cant be happier. You complete the family and have brought joy to our hearts. I am so excited and glad you are here. I love you so much. Glad to have you as my Daddy's Little Girl.


   Love You ,
    Daddy

No comments: