I thought it would be nice to start a journal for each of my children. This one is for our little Princess, Isabella. Early 2003 I had many months where I had thought I was pregnant always seemed to be a few days late making me think I was pregnant. Well on February 18, 2003 after a not so restful night sleep I got to take a shower and I wasn't even due for my period for a few days but I thought I take a test see the negative results so I could stop worrying if I was or I wasn't. Well I told my bath first thinking if I should take a test or not If I really thought I was or even could be. I got out pee on the stick and looked at it after about 30 seconds tried very hard to even see a positive line, but I couldn't so I put the stick in the box and was going to throw it away I brushed my teeth and thought I look at it one more time just to make sure and well It looked positive. This can't be I thought to myself. My eyes must be playing tricks I don't see that line do I every second that passed felt like a year and with each passing second the line became darker and darker. I called out for my husband, Darin. He kept telling me to hold on and he was busy so I just screamed though the house I'M PREGNANT ! He came running and looked at the test in disbelief. I wanted to be sure so I went to one of those free pregnancy testing clinic's the lady didn't even want to test me since it was so soon but she tested me and we got a faint positive. I was on top of the world excited and scared all at the same time. I had two little boys are home with Daddy Alexander who about to turn three and Cameron who was about to turn two. I knew not everyone would be thrilled but I was excited and I hope for it to be a little girl since we had two little boys already. I found a doctor who I didn't like and I quickly switched to a midwife and I told her I'd like to go natural with this one and she told me that did water births and I was excited to try that . In the beginning I was pretty sick much more than with the boys I thought maybe it was in my head, but before we knew it June came and it was time to see.......... and the ultrasound showed IT'S A GIRL ! I had never felt so happy to find out we have a chance to raise both sons and a daughter ! I was ticked pinked I found a doula and was so ready for the Birth by the end of the summer our little Princess was due October 25, 2003. I had been taking weekly pictures of the growthof my belly and all we had gone from naming her Dominick Anthony which didn't work cause we found out he was a she. Then we toyed with Abigail and Isabella. Isabella won. I couldn't wait for her to arrive. I spend many weeks talking over the birth plan with my midwife I had many concerns, but my midwife did her best to put my mind as ease I was ready to meet my baby girl. Everything seemed to be ready for her. I had tons of pink everywhere just waiting for her to arrive. The two big brothers were so excited too. They would kiss my belly and ask when she was coming out. On Thursday, October 9, 2003, I just knew it was time for her to be born. I talked with my Doula Kathy and she gave me a few pointers on helping to encourage labor. I went to see my midwife, Kathy that afternoon. She listened to your heartbeat and gave me an exam. I was 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. It could be anytime now she said. I was so ready to meet my baby girl. As a joke I asked my midwife, Cathy to sprinkle Labor dust on me. I went home and waited for Daddy to come home. When he got there I told him I needed to get the baby a head support for the car seat, so we ran out and got one. On the way home I told Darin that he wasn't going to work the next day and that the baby was coming out that night. He laughed at me. We went home and put your big brothers to bed. I tried three of the labor encouragement things my Doula had suggested. Nothing worked. I had given up and was having a glass of tea and was going to lie down. A half an hour later, a little after 10 o'clock at night I started having some painful contractions. The contractions weren't all that strong, but strong enough to where I couldn't sit still. I got on the computer and went online to try and take my mind off of the contractions, but that wasn't working. The next few hours were spent moving around the house; lying on the floor and hanging on the counter tops. Around 1:30 in the morning I decided to call my midwife Cathy and let her know what was going on. I didn't think I was in Labor, I thought it was wishful thinking. I was hoping if I went to the hospital they would help get things moving since something was going on. Cathy told me I could either stay home or go to the hospital. Since I wasn't getting any rest at home and I wanted to know if I was in Labor, I told her I was going to go to the hospital. She said okay and she let them know I was on my way. I went upstairs to my bedroom and looked around wondering whatIshould bring. My suitcase was packed, but since I didn't think I was in labor I said I wasn't going to bring it. I was in a pretty good mood wanting to stay active. I went and got the boys up and carried them to the car. Darin was fixing their car seats. I put them in and off to the hospital we went. I arrived there about two o'clock in the morning. The nurses hooked me up to the monitors to watch your heartbeat and my contractions. I saw three contractions pretty close together and I was amazed. I knew the pains were real and not just in my head at that point. The nurse examined me. I was 4cm dilated and 65% effaced. I was in disbelief, since I had been only 1-2 cm that afternoon. The nurses called Cathy and I was told to walk for an hour. I called my Doula, Kathy and let her know I was at the hospital and that they wanted me to walk for an hour and that I was 4 cm dilated. I had your brothers and Daddy with me for a little while. The boys are only 3½ years old and 2½ years old. Alexander walked with me some. When I stopped to breath through a contraction he would copy my breathing. Cameron was very tried and fussy. So I thought it be easier if the boys went home for a little while with Daddy. I still wasn't convinced I was in labor. They left and I kept walking. I tried to walk through the contractions not paying any mind to them, some were harder than others. At the end of the hour I was examined again and was 4-5 cm and 70%-75% effaced. I was staying for sure. I called my Doula back and told her that I was in labor and she could come to the hospital. I called Daddy and told him I was staying, but I was okay for now. Fifteen minutes later I started to lose my mucus plug. I called Daddy and told him all the things I needed and to call my grandma and to take your brothers to her. At that point I asked to be moved to the big Labor room with the tub. My back was hurting so I asked to get in the shower. That felt good I stayed in there for about 15 minutes and let the shower beat on my back. When I got out they wanted to watch your heart rate so they put me in the bed for a while. I was in so much pain while on the bed. I started calling the bed evil at that point; it made labor so much worse. Around 4 o'clock in the morning my midwife Cathy arrived and shortly after my Doula Kathy arrived. I had gotten on the birthing ball and was leaning on the bed. My Doula, Kathy was putting pressure on my lower back which was helping with some of the pain I was having.Iwas in a fairly good mood, still laughing and talking between contractions. My midwife, Cathy was laughing because when I would get a contraction I would do a dramatic bow and I would bury my face into the bed. My midwife Cathy had offered the tub, but I was still doing okay enjoying myself talking and laughing, even trying not to pay attention to some contractions. I was waiting on Daddy to get back, but it started to get bad so I told them to start running the water. Darin arrived a few minutes later. I got my shirt I planned to wear out of my suit case and got in the tub. I started out just sitting up with my Doula, Kathy putting pressure on my lower back and breathing through the contractions. Daddy and my midwife, Cathy was sitting beside me too. After a while I realized I had to use the bathroom. I stood up to get out the tub, but before I got out another contraction came. The tub helped so much that I sat back down. When the contraction was over I ran to the bathroom with my midwife chasing me down with a towel, she was afraid I would slip. I had another contraction in the bathroom. My Doula, Kathy helped me through it. I tried to use the bathroom then I went back into tub. My midwife brought me some ice to eat. That was my big craving through my pregnancy. There wasn't enough time between contractions for me to eat or drink anything else. My midwife, Cathy was laughing at how excited I got for the ice and how I crushed it with my teeth. A little while later I had to use the bathroom again. This time I got out the tub slowly. I went from the tub to the birthing ball and finally to the toilet. I asked to use the bathroom alone this time, I had to pee through a contraction, but I fully emptied my bladder. After I used the bathroom I went and laid on the bed for an exam. I was a good 6 cm and my bag of water was bulging. My midwife, Cathy asked me if I wanted her to break it. I told her I didn't care, so she just hit it with her finger and it broke. It went everywhere; I had a lot of water. My midwife, Cathy had to change. After it was broke I looked down and half my belly was gone, but I could see where your little butt was. I had about three contractions on the bed and then it was too much for me I had to get back in the tub. The contractions were getting pretty bad at this point. I wasn't just breathing through them anymore, I was moaning through them. Around 6:30 in the morning Darin finally called the family to let them know our baby girl wasonherway. I had stopped talking and laughing through the contractions at this point. My moans were louder. I was crying that I was doing a bad job, but Daddy, my midwife Cathy and my Doula, Cathy were all encouraging me and telling me I was doing great. They were all so supportive. I started having more pressure with my contractions, so around 7:15 in the morning my midwife, Cathy examined me. I was 9 cm with just a little lip. My midwife, Cathy told me I could push when I had the urge. I became very emotional crying before each contraction. I was crying because I knew I was going to have you all natural, the way I wanted to bring my baby into this world. There was no turning back now. A few minutes later I started to push and before anyone knew it the baby was crowing and her head was coming out. She was born at 7:28am. I was truly amazed once I had her in my arms. I was filled with tears of joy. She brought so much happiness to my life within moments of her birth. A few minutes later I handed her off to the nurse to wrap her and then she handed her to Daddy. I got out of the tub and into the bed where I delivered the after birth, twelve minutes after the birth of my daughter. A few moments later she was handed back to me and she was like a pro. I was so proud of her already doing so well. I was so amazed by Isabella's birth. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. I was so proud to bring her into this world in such a wonderful way. I now believe that any woman can have natural child birth. It just all depends on what empowers her and my daughter; Isabella empowered me to do it. I was very doubtful of myself but my daughter gave me the strength to do this for her. It's one of the best experiences of my life. It truly made me feel as if I done something wonderful and remarkable in this world and it was all for a wonderful little girl named Isabella Lauryn Tassin. Our stay at the hospital was wonderful. Everything I worried about through my pregnancy with you fell right into place. My baby was weighed and measured in my room weighing 6 pounds and 12.8 ounces. She was the first baby to be measured and weighed in her mother’s room at this hospital. We got a huge private room. Darin had a nice cot to sleep on. The only time she went to the nursery was for her pictures and because I needed a shower. We had a lot of calls and some visitors.













No comments:
Post a Comment